Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sad day! Fun day!

The sadness of dropping off my son at college today was mixed with some excitement about recording an interview about the book with the Australian Broadcasting Corporation's Encounter Program -- a weekly program that focuses on theology and public life. It's sort of like the Australian version of Krista Tippet's Speaking of Faith program, which, if you haven't listened, promotes intelligent conversations on matters of faith. The list of programs on the Encounter site humbles me. I'm thankful to have been included.

I was impressed with the questions that the interviewer, Margaret Coffey, asked. She'd read the book carefully asked about the deeper theological questions it raises. She says that the soonest that parts of this would air would be in early October. Once I hear anything, I'll put up links here.

Apart from getting to talk about the book, the other thing that was exciting was the chance to get inside the studios of WKSU, my favorite NPR station--actually, my favorite radio station, period. After hearing their voices on the radio all these years, it was cool to meet some of the programming and news staff.


Like I said, it was a day of mixed emotions. At midday, we left one-fifth of our family, our first-born, at the University of Pittsburgh. Three hours later, I was in Kent talking about the book with Margaret in Australia--actually practicing the kind of "healthy globalization" that the church has been modeling for over 2,000 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment